What are Ethernet private lines?
In this short video, we will share with you what we believe to be the primary advantages of using Ethernet private lines for point to point connections.
Ethernet private lines:
- Are the most reliable connectivity solution on the market today
- Are easily the most cost effective for the speed realized
- Have the lowest latency for our clients applications
- And last, they have the highest level of security currently available
In the past, carriers created other solutions, like MPLS and Frame relay. These were designed to address the carrier’s network limitations, not designed because the solution was superior. Some carriers in the industry still push these services, despite there no longer being any advantage to using them.
These other services all lack:
- Reliability of ethernet private lines
- Cost effectiveness for the speed realized
- Carrier redundancy
With the increased capacity of fiber optic networks, and improved electronics, the cost of ethernet virtual private lines usually is less expensive than these other services.
To maximize the benefit of Ethernet Private Lines, the key is to use the right carrier at each of your locations. That most likely will not be the same carrier at all your locations. That’s where a company like Threshold Communications comes in.
Thresholds Ethernet Private Lines are delivered to your locations over multiple carriers and access methods, optimizing your bandwidth while minimizing cost. This allows Threshold Communications to maximize network reliability, cost efficiency and you still only need to work with one company, Threshold Communications.