Responsible Organization Services (Resp-Org)
RespOrg is short for Responsible Organization. Resp Org responsibilities were designed in the late 1980’s as the entities that would set-up the routing in the nationwide data base (SMS) that houses all toll free numbers.
As a RespOrg Threshold can:
- Port number from other Resp Orgs
- Route traffic to carriers (Unlike other Resp Orgs Threshold is independent. The carriers understand that and have given Threshold permission to use every major Carrier Identification Code (CIC) in our routing)
- Route traffic on a single toll free number to multiple carriers
- Reserve numbers available in the SMS
- Change routing on toll free numbers in minutes